Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A geography lesson on South Dakota . . .

Why? Like any good student, I'm naturally interested in other places. Well okay, the fact that Chrystal is there and I've been hearing all about it doesn't hurt either! *grin* Here's what I've learned so far:

1.Buffalo are much more common out there than around here. I'm slightly jealous that my girlfriend gets stopped by buffalo crossings on her way to church. The only stops I make on the way to church involve annoying red lights and octagon signs – not fascinating animals.
2.Coveralls are still in style in the Midwest! I couldn't find a pair to save my life last year when I needed a pair for skits at camp. Mom eventually found one for me at a re-use it shop. Out there coveralls are sold brand new by the rack.
3.Long straight roads through small rolling hills are commonplace in SD. (Yeah dad, if you were there you could comment on how long and straight they are about ten or twelve times! lol Sorry, inside joke). Can't say I think they'd be as much fun to drive on as the twisting back roads around here, but it does make for some nice scenery.
4.Small communities are more common, and facial hair is in – well, at least for guys that is! (Eat your heart out Greg :) My sisters would say that's a sign that they are redneck or have very little sense of taste, but I can't totally agree with that. Facial hair can look good on some guys . . . unfortunately I've never met a redneck who was part of this group! lol
5.I have one more reason to like South Dakota than I did before ;) I know we are both where God wants us -- and I wouldn't change that – but I will be glad to see her again. Here's a picture for those of you who have never met her.

3 comments:

  1. It's about time to fill us in about SD, and add a picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta say, bro, timely introductions aren't your strong point. :)
    --Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, I keep up with them in real life, it's just that my web life has a lag time. Usually, I'd have to say it's about a year or two behind my real life! lol

    ReplyDelete