Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Spring! . . . (I wish!)

(I know I'm fickle for posting about spring right after a post about winter, but that was a cold night and this is a warm afternoon and frankly I feel like spring today. Can I help it if my moods changer faster than the seasons?)

Took a walk today and nearly decided to abandon school. It was definitely a mistake. The warm weather was intoxicating and I almost didn't make it back to my schoolwork that I really need to get done. There is something about the feel of warm air and the smell of wet earth that makes books and words seem so much more cold, dry, and boring. I am inclined to agree with Solomon when he warned his son that "of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh (Eccl. 12:12)". That said, there's still one or two books waiting for me. (Sigh). If I'm lucky I'll be done and get to go outside before it gets dark and cold again.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally know what you're talking about. Most of my family is out on a bike ride right now and I'm stuck in the house. Ive been in classes all day and right now am supposed to be listening to an economics class and all the mess our world is in. Its the last thing I feel like doing. I've had to pour my eagerness to get outside into my writings. My poor Creative Writing teacher... My last couple writings have been all about summer, strawberry picking, running barefoot, water fights, garden work and how sick I am of soggy ground that I can't do a single thing on! Jordan and I went out the other day to throw a frisbee around and by the time we were done were wet and freezing!

    Ok...back to class I go...(Republicans blaming Democrats, Democrats blaming Republicans, scarcity, competition ...blah, blah, blah... ;)

    Chrystal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just read your profile... How can you list Ice Age as one of your favorite movies?! That is such a stupid movie. I only enjoyed it the first 2 times I saw it... and I'm totally over it now.
    Lindsey

    ReplyDelete