Wednesday, February 25, 2009

On the economic crisis. . .

(Thoughts from economics class and the news . . . and yes I'm sick and tired both of them! Every time I escape from one I get bombarded with the same thing by the other. Don't ask me why I'm doing a post on them:)

Concerning "Experts": They don't exist.

This economic crisis is taking us into uncharted waters. No one really knows what the effects will be because no one has ever dealt with these amounts of money. We are only extrapolating from what we know from our own small business system and hoping it works the same way at the mega level.

The more I learn about the economic system, the more fragile and dangerous it seems. Is it me or is the entire system riding on the nerves of millions of people, people who collectively make up driving force that can only be described as unpredictable? I'm glad my whole future isn't tied up with it the way some people's is, although I have a feeling I'll experience the effects for a long time to come the same as anyone else.

1 comment:

  1. Well -- some people are more expert than others. But I think many of our experts are living on wishes and prayers, trying to make what they think match what's happening.

    ReplyDelete